Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Universal Studios

I had read to allow for life-ending traffic jams on the interstate between Disney and Universal, so we allowed extra commute time. Luckily, we encountered very little traffic, so we made it to Universal Studios an hour before the park opened to the general public. We were planning to wait patiently, but some kind employees looked at our tickets and waved us on in 45 minutes early. Yippee!

We thus immediately rode Forbidden Journey with very little wait, and I so enjoyed being in the Harry Potter Hogsmeade section with no crowds. We had some breathing room in the shops. I'm not a candy eater, but I really enjoy looking at all the fun colors/containers in the candy shop.

This was the first trip Marlena rode everything I did and loved it. She was so gung-ho. Sasha still wasn't up for the upside-down roller coasters, but he loved the Mummy.

We were so excited to ride the new Hogwarts Express and explore Diagon Alley. I would probably have never found Diagon Alley if Marlena hadn't showed me.

We ate lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, the new restaurant in Diagon Alley. I had Bangers and Mash with vegetables, and it was pretty good. I had the Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert, and it was absolutely awesome!

Spent a long time shopping and casting spells in Diagon Alley with Marlena's new magic wand.

Rode the Hulk in the front row with Marlena - we loved it!

I met Spider Man, and thought he was an animatronic figure. Pretty embarrassing moment that my family will never let me live down. Marlena even changed my phone screen saver photo to remind me!

Hit the Whole Foods salad bar for dinner - Sasha called it the "Third Most Magical Place On Earth!" We never miss hitting the Whole Foods in Orlando - it really is amazing.

Went to Downtown Disney for ice cream and shopping. Oh man, the dark chocolate Ghirardelli sundae is such a "worth-it" treat every couple of years. I savored mine forever, and finished every last drop.


This was probably our longest walking day: 22,803 steps. It's also the day my bum foot cried mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment